Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Welcome to my world!

A quick shoutout to my friends in WP 2201C!!!

Since this blog is set up with the express purpose of penning down thoughts on gender and communication, i find it beneficial to share little tidbits about myself so that you can understand my point of view better.

I am a first year life science student with the long term goal of pursuing a career in physical anthropology or forensic science. Writing is a primarily a form of relaxation for me as I find the free expression of words a harmonious contrast to the factual nature of science.

I am particularly fascinated with the human anatomy and anything remotely related to dolphins (a dead give-away would be my blog name...delphinus is a constellation of the family of "Heavenly Water")

I was educated in an all girls' school for 10 years, so i tend to be a little feminist in my opinions, but I'm sure growing up with a bunch of vocal ACS boys has given me years of experience in XY communication!

1 comment:

  1. so do you think Tannen has a point about girls who attend same-sex schools having different abilities than those who attended coed schools?

    ReplyDelete